The World Junior Squash Championships (“WJC”) will be hosted in Tauranga City 19-29 July 2017. Around 200 athletes will compete for the ultimate prize in junior squash. Hundreds of squash fans will be joining the event, with thousands watching games on live broadcasts.
To help ensure the Event’s success, we have over 200 Volunteers Roles available to help to showcase New Zealand to the squash world – can you join us?
WHAT VOLUNTEER ROLES ARE AVAILABLE?
There is a huge variety of volunteer roles available, each needing different skills and experience. Volunteers may wish to apply for more than one role, as some roles are required at different times during the event. Click the role below to read the full role description and to apply.
Team Liaison Co-ordinator
Team Liaison Families
Medal Ceremony Assistants
VIP Functions Assistants
AV Technical Support
Merchandise & Ticketing Co-ordinator
Merchandise & Ticketing Assistants
Court & Player Attendees
Social Media Assistants
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF A WJC 2017 VOLUNTEER?
To be considered for a volunteer role, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Be available to volunteer as the role is required. As a guide, some roles will be required during the whole event, and others will be asked to work shifts throughout the Event, with many required during the first week only (19-24 July)
- Applicants to be either 17 years old at the time of application or have parents’ consent
- Agree to WJC 2017 Volunteer terms and conditions
- Consent to NZ Security Background Check(s) if required
- Able to attend briefings and training sessions
There are a variety of volunteer roles available, each requiring different skills and experience. For all roles, volunteers should have the following key attributes:
- Meet our WJC 2017 Values (Unquestionable Integrity. Unwavering Excellence. Unbelievable Fun. Undeniable Respect. Unlimited Friendship)
- Positive and ‘team focused’ attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Approachable, personable and friendly
- Willingness to go the extra mile; and
Be an outstanding ambassador for Tauranga City and WJC 2017
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A VOLUNTEER?
Come and be part of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. This is the first time a World Championships are to be held in Tauranga, so come and join the action. As a Volunteer you will get to watch the very best Squash Players in the world, and be part of the Team.
If you would like further information about any of the roles, please contact Angela Werder (Event Logistics Manager) email@example.com or 027-646-4944.